41 Module Library: Last chance for common sense
07-14-2016, 07:55 PM
RE: 41 Module Library: Last chance for common sense
(07-14-2016 05:11 AM)Ángel Martin Wrote:  ...then are those members under a contractual obligation NOT to share them either... also to

I wouldn't participate in such an effort either. I clearly stated that I would expect those bit patterns to be considered free to copy (absent any other copyright claim) and I wouldn't go along with a deal that didn't explicitly include a provision stating that.

(07-14-2016 05:11 AM)Ángel Martin Wrote:  In case someone wonders, an active usage of the information is what happens when people share ideas and learns from methods and approaches from other OPEN sources.

That's a moral point that I agree with. But I'm focussed on the goal of liberating the information. Do you know the moral history of every module in your collection? Did a serial rapist contribute code? Did a murderer help publish it? (I'm not by any stretch accusing Matthias of any of those things. Just making a point.) Are the ideas that would be freed by paying a greedy toll collector any less free? Would you refuse to be enlightened by bits that were obtained that way? On that basis you'd best stay away from most of the world's history and literature.

That's hyperbole, but I truly believe that the minor evil (and expense) of the means is far outweighed by the ends in this case.

Regards,
Howard
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 41 Module Library: Last chance for common sense - hbo - 07-14-2016 07:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)