41 Module Library: Last chance for common sense
07-14-2016, 05:11 AM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2016 05:21 AM by Ángel Martin.)
RE: 41 Module Library: Last chance for common sense
(07-13-2016 05:47 PM)hbo Wrote:  " ...is attempting to exploit scarcity. The bit patterns he controls are rare. He feels he can extract value from those patterns. Most of us, with backgrounds in user groups and/or open source software, tend to feel offended by what we see as avarice. But that's the way a lot of the world works."

Howard, good recap and objective list of facts. But as already mentioned before, if that so called "initiative" progresses (and for the record, do *not* include me), and those rare bit patterns are to be re-purchased by some members of the community to sponsor a private collector's investment (that, if I may say, was made willingly and happily if we're to judge by all evidences) - then are those members under a contractual obligation NOT to share them either, also to protect their incursion into the world of "it's all for trade and I need to protect my investment"... propagating the pattern that has taken us thus far to here (i.e. nowhere). Nahh, I'd say one must draw the line somewhere and in my mind it's been long overdue.

And then there's the question of who benefits from a static distribution of coveted items that are just put in a drawer and lustfully dusted every three to four weeks? In case someone wonders, an active usage of the information is what happens when people share ideas and learns from methods and approaches from other OPEN sources. Or would you think that I invented all by myself the nice tricks included in my modules? Nope, one way or another you can trace them in previous knowledge, as it's usually the case with everything in life where progress is achieved by adding further value to already existing valuables.

What a bummer, and why is this being discussed in a user's forum that prides itself in the free exchange of information? - on items obsolete for more than 20 years already in average!!

Someone is missing the point entirely, gee it may even be me.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 41 Module Library: Last chance for common sense - Ángel Martin - 07-14-2016 05:11 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)