41 Module Library: Last chance for common sense
07-13-2016, 04:25 PM
RE: 41 Module Library: Last chance for common sense
A little late, but here is my view on the subject ...

For the collector part of me, collecting is a reflection of my appreciation of the object that I acquire.
For the user part of me, I do not really care if the object is an original or a cloned as long as it does what I need it to do.

Worth ...

The collection value mean little for me, in a sense that at some point in time it may worth a lot and in another point in time it may worth nothing.
So, I assume that my collection worth nothing, even though I paid quite a lot of money for it. It's worth will be determined when it's time to sell or donating it.

Sharing ...

Because I appreciate the objects that I collect, I also like to exchange informations, views, etc., with other peoples interested in the same subject.
In order to so with the largest group of peoples, I choose to share the pieces that can be shared (documents and softwares).

Final thought ...

I do not think that sharing diminishes the values of my items, because for collectors, an original item is everything, copies are interesting only.
Also, a normal user will generally never pay what a collector is ready to pay for a original item.

Best regards,

Sylvain

PS: This is my view and I respect every one who has different view than me on the suject.

PPS: Dave, I may have invested a lot in the 71 Compendium but a lot of peoples have also contribute their time, documents & softwares for it.
So the thanks should go to everyone involved (you included). Thank You All! Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 41 Module Library: Last chance for common sense - Sylvain Cote - 07-13-2016 04:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)