HP-71: FORTH/Assembler Pac Rev.B - and the Ultimate HP-71 ROM Extension.
01-11-2021, 08:15 PM
RE: HP-71: FORTH/Assembler Pac Rev.B - and the Ultimate HP-71 ROM Extension.
Thanks J-F for the excellent contribution! I've loaded it and will try something new in Forth. Perhaps Gerson's "another method of pi?"

(01-11-2021 04:37 PM)J-F Garnier Wrote:  So I'm releasing this update as it is, it can be freely used in the FRAM71, Mark's ROM emulator when/if available, and of course in the Emu71 emulators.

J-F

The emulator code was complete a few weeks ago, it's the packaging of the whole works that is giving me heartburn at the moment. I've settled on a bootloader to update flash as Tony does with his Classic CPU replacement boards, and a standalone PIC assembler to generate loadable hex files the way Diego does for the Clonix modules. That will eliminate the need for a $20 PIC programmer. Working on this is a lot less fun than getting the emulator working, and takes away time for finally using the ROMs Wink

(01-11-2021 04:37 PM)J-F Garnier Wrote:  I have other projects on going for which I'm now more motivated. I may propose my design later if I see a real need for it.
Go for it!

~Mark

Remember kids, "In a democracy, you get the government you deserve."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP-71: FORTH/Assembler Pac Rev.B - and the Ultimate HP-71 ROM Extension. - mfleming - 01-11-2021 08:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)