HP-71: FORTH/Assembler Pac Rev.B - and the Ultimate HP-71 ROM Extension.
01-11-2021, 05:23 PM
RE: HP-71: FORTH/Assembler Pac Rev.B - and the Ultimate HP-71 ROM Extension.
(01-11-2021 04:37 PM)J-F Garnier Wrote:  - addition of the most common and useful HP-71 utility keywords, from the STRINGLX & CUSTUTIL LEX, to complement the two SCROLL/MSG$ keywords already provided by the original revision A,

Great. The much needed and immensely useful string keywords in STRINGLX (only 800+ bytes) were indeed left out as there was no more ROM space because that useless abomination called "CALC Mode" wasted many Kbytes for no purpose other than blatant marketing and worse.

Also, do not forget to include the one keyword REPLACE$ from the REPLEX file, as it's also incredibly useful in many applications, for example it allows for quick filtering and conversions of data in strings, I use it all the time in everything from cross-compilers to user's input validation to you-name-it. Come to it, change the name to something shorter such as REPL$, because it frequently appears several times in a line, such as

T$=REPLACE$(REPLACE$( ... , "ė","e"),"ó","o"),"ú","u"),"ñ",n)

and it quickly fills up the command line and is quite cumbersome.

Last but not least, thanks for the link to my STRINGLX article, much appreciated.

Best regards.
V.

All My Articles & other Materials here:  Valentin Albillo's HP Collection

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP-71: FORTH/Assembler Pac Rev.B - and the Ultimate HP-71 ROM Extension. - Valentin Albillo - 01-11-2021 05:23 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)