The HP-37s scientific calculator?
12-30-2020, 09:54 PM (This post was last modified: 12-31-2020 01:28 AM by EngineerX.)
RE: The HP-37s scientific calculator?
(12-30-2020 07:49 PM)Steve Simpkin Wrote:  The addition of I/O would probably have disqualified it from being used on NCEES tests.
Yes, most certainly. Calculators of today have one and only target: schools and universities. So, I wouldn't expect to see a 42s-like machine for students. HP knows it won't sell much.

(12-30-2020 07:49 PM)Steve Simpkin Wrote:  Some insights on the development of the HP35s from Tim Wessman.

"No, that is what the calculator group at the tail end of the "let's outsource all our software and hardware development and make stuff just as good but cheaper and quicker" stage was able to produce under the management and with the budget allocated."
I think this says a lot. No offense to the HP calculator team, it's not their fault, but this is why the 35s has so many quirks, evincing the machine was not properly tested prior release.

My rant, however, is that the 35s costs more than the equivalent casio machine and can do only a fraction of what the latter can out of the box. This leaves the user no other option but to finish (and fix) the software implementation by doing a lot of programming, ie, workarounds. That is not right.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The HP-37s scientific calculator? - EngineerX - 12-30-2020 09:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)