The HP-37s scientific calculator?
12-30-2020, 09:21 PM (This post was last modified: 12-30-2020 09:22 PM by rawi.)
RE: The HP-37s scientific calculator?
First thing I would like: A little bit of customer orientation.
I'm a German and I bought a HP 35S some weeks ago at a big German retailer. I got it with two booklets meant to be a short introduction to the calculator. One was in French, the other in Dutch. I am not able to understand either language, so they are useless to me. I asked the retailer to provide a German or English introductory manual. The answer was: This is what they get from HP and they do not have influence on it.
Second: It would be easy to say: No bugs. But it is not possible to have no bugs. But it would be essential that known bugs are fixed and the operating system can be updated.
Third: A posssibility to save and exchange programs, ideally in ASCII-format and in calculator format.
Fourth: I understand that manuals are provided only in pdf-format for cost reasons. But it would be very nice if there would be an offer to buy a printed manual at a reasonable price. One of my favorite calculators is the TI 89 Titanium because it has a very good printed manual.
Fifth: Limiting the naming of programs to just one letter is not adequate. This should be done like with HP 41 or HP 42.
What should not be changed: I think the size of the calculator and the size of the keyboard are fine, the feeling of the keyboard is better than with most of today's calculators but worse than with HPs like the HP 41, but still OK. The memory size is fine if there is a possibility to save programs. If more memory is needed to solve a problem there are better ways than to use a calculator. The display is as well OK for a scientific calculator. If you want to make graphics there are other options.

Best

Raimund
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The HP-37s scientific calculator? - rawi - 12-30-2020 09:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)