What has the DM41 extra over the HP42s?
10-26-2020, 10:47 PM
RE: What has the DM41 extra over the HP42s?
(10-26-2020 05:01 PM)Peet Wrote:  
(10-26-2020 03:50 PM)Thomas Okken Wrote:  I didn't write Free42 out of nostalgia and I'm pretty sure most of its users actually use it, just like I do myself...

Even if you say so, I doubt it. A lot of nostalgia is probably an important reason for your excellent piece of work.

Sorry to burst your bubble but I fully concur with Thomas. Free42 can be and actually is used nowadays (2020) profitably, even for professional work, as I've done myself in the past and continue doing in the present.

It's unbelievably fast, has unbelievable accuracy, runs in most current OSs in all devices from a tiny Palm Z22 to a huge desktop PC, and it's eminently usable and convenient: you can get your manual calculations performed in seconds and your programs written out and running in minutes, then get results in milliseconds or less, thanks to RPN and Thomas' awesome implementation.

With a few additional functionalities added it has the potential to become the very best math-oriented portable virtual calculator ever, bar none, RPN or otherwise.

If you doubt it, well, your loss.

V.

All My Articles & other Materials here:  Valentin Albillo's HP Collection

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What has the DM41 extra over the HP42s? - Valentin Albillo - 10-26-2020 10:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)