What has the DM41 extra over the HP42s?
10-26-2020, 06:52 PM
RE: What has the DM41 extra over the HP42s?
(10-26-2020 05:01 PM)Peet Wrote:  
(10-26-2020 03:50 PM)Thomas Okken Wrote:  I didn't write Free42 out of nostalgia and I'm pretty sure most of its users actually use it, just like I do myself...

Even if you say so, I doubt it. A lot of nostalgia is probably an important reason for your excellent piece of work.

Thanks for the compliment, but what is it you doubt, exactly? Are you so sure your attitude is the only valid one that everyone who has a different take must be misremembering their own experience? 2004 wasn't that long ago and I'm not senile yet, I remember pretty well what motivated me back then.

I was looking for a scientific programmable calculator app to run on my Palm PDA, and I didn't like the ones that were available. So I decided to write my own. As I was working on the design, I noticed that I was copying aspects of the HP-42S UI rather often, so after I while I decided to just copy the 42S completely rather than reinvent the wheel. It's a good design and it doesn't stop being so just because it's old.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What has the DM41 extra over the HP42s? - Thomas Okken - 10-26-2020 06:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)