TAS has made the market less transparent
06-10-2014, 03:26 PM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2014 07:09 PM by Katie Wasserman.)
RE: TAS has made the market less transparent
(06-10-2014 07:44 AM)HP67 Wrote:  What winds up on ebay is usually not from people heavily into this or that hobby, but people who just want to make a buck.

Yes and no. There are at least a couple of regulars on this forum that buy and sell calculators on ebay, apparently making their living that way. (Given the volume I see, it must take up most of their time.) The people I have in mind got their start on this forum and that led them to ebay and to buying and selling.

Without trying to be judgmental on this topic, I do think that this activity has pushed up the perceived values of most (all?) HP calculators and many other brands significantly. It potentially makes what we all have at least some of more valuable but it makes it harder to acquire. One could look at this as the maturing of a fledgling collectable hobby or the demise of an experimental one.

-katie

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TAS has made the market less transparent - Katie Wasserman - 06-10-2014 03:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)