How Programmable Calculators and a Sci-Fi Story Brought Soviet Teens Into the Digital
10-20-2020, 07:20 PM (This post was last modified: 10-20-2020 07:24 PM by Thomas Okken.)
RE: How Programmable Calculators and a Sci-Fi Story Brought Soviet Teens Into the Dig
Quote:But the most ambitious computer literacy program ever conceived is one you’ve probably never heard of, and it originated in a very unlikely place: the Soviet Union.

Unlikely? It doesn't sound surprising to me, I thought the Soviets were generally very big on education.

Intersting article, though, and now I am curious about that calculator. Is there any information about the B3-34 on the Internet that isn't in Russian?

UPDATE -- There is some information linked from the article, but not very complete. I'd be interested to see the programming model explained, and specs like number of program steps and registers etc.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How Programmable Calculators and a Sci-Fi Story Brought Soviet Teens Into the Dig - Thomas Okken - 10-20-2020 07:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)