HP 42S Version Speed Variation
06-09-2014, 12:58 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2014 01:00 PM by Bill (Smithville NJ).)
RE: HP 42S Version Speed Variation
(06-09-2014 12:33 PM)Gerald H Wrote:  To remove any doubt about the substance of my post:

The aim is to discover whether such speed variations are common between different HP 42S versions.

I might add that in the self test both calculators gave speed as 1.048 kHz.

I do not know if there are any speed differences in HP-42s versions. I don't recall anyone ever mentioning that there was and speed is something that many here do test for.

You might want to try the following tests:

1. Perform a machine reset on both units. This will ensure that both units are starting with the same memory configuration.
2. Put fresh batteries in both units.
3. Enter exactly the same program into both units.
4. Run the test several times and see if there is still a difference in performance.

And if there still is a difference, does it vary very much between runs or is it fairly consistent.

And finally, if the difference still exists by such a large amount, post the program code here so others can also test. It may be that there is something unique with your two units.

I for one would like to know if there could be this much of a speed difference between ROM versions. I feel that it is doubtful - since if it was, I'm sure everyone would have been recommending the faster version. But then again, maybe no one has really done a speed test between versions.

Bill
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
HP 42S Version Speed Variation - Gerald H - 06-09-2014, 09:25 AM
RE: HP 42S Version Speed Variation - Bill (Smithville NJ) - 06-09-2014 12:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)