SwissMicros Announces DM41X Launch
10-14-2020, 12:41 PM (This post was last modified: 10-14-2020 12:43 PM by Craig Bladow.)
RE: SwissMicros Announces DM41X Launch
(10-07-2020 10:53 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  The front half of the DM41x (and DM42) is really all one plastic piece, there is no separate keyboard assembly, plus the domes are on the board, so it's not a simple parts swap no matter what. Michael is aware of customer interest and is exploring possibilities that are easily installed (without technician-level skills), reliable and economical, and will announce something when it's ready.

There is no need to lobby, individually or en masse; if/when a general solution is available, it will be announced on the SM Forum, so please give it a little time.

Thanks Bob, just the information I needed. The key response on my Beta DM-41X is perfectly usable for me, however the DM-42 keys are uncomfortably firm for any extended use.

A fun feature for the keyboard upgrade, if it happens, would be to place a small "F" or "FC" somewhere on the new part to designate it as a "Frankencalc". Smile

Try CC41!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Question about using .raw files - Namir - 10-05-2020, 08:18 PM
RE: SwissMicros Announces DM41X Launch - Craig Bladow - 10-14-2020 12:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)