Are the latest 50g cheaply made?
06-06-2014, 01:32 PM
RE: Are the latest 50g cheaply made?
(06-06-2014 12:02 PM)HP67 Wrote:  For example most of us use the PRG menu regularly yet it has to be shifted. If you want the stack menu you have to assign it to a user key or shift PRG then STACK. And whatever you do assign it to a user key it doesn't work inside << >> which is a terrible PITA. There is a long path to get to a lot of stuff that used to be one key or one shifted key away. Everything on the 50g seems to have added 1 or 2 levels of indirection. The device is faster, but using it can actually be slower. There's also the issue of having to use the tool menu to get to PURGE but the tool menu won't display in the middle of entering something. Annoying!

HP67 - I agree with many of your nitpicks about the 50g keyboard, but most of them can be overcome with some custom key assignments. Here is an example I got from Joe.

Assign this to 21.1 (Apps):

<< IF RCLMENU IP 73. SAME THEN 256. ELSE 73. END TMENU >>

which repeated pressing of that key toggles the menu between the Development Library commands and the Stack manipulation commands, heretofore found only down under PRG.

These 2 menus are ones I commonly use, but you can see how you can adjust it to easily accomodate any pair of menus to be toggled on any key.

Also, with a bit of SysRPL, you can make it a 'TakeOver' key so that it still works while entering programs.

Also, back to the original topic, I think you suggestion of a simple "macro recorder" is an excellent suggestion for extending NewRPL; useful, saves time, and won't break any old code.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Are the latest 50g cheaply made? - eried - 06-05-2014, 06:29 PM
RE: Are the latest 50g cheaply made? - rprosperi - 06-06-2014 01:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)