hp65 vs 41c vs 35s µbenchmark
05-31-2014, 05:47 PM
RE: hp65 vs 41c vs 35s µbenchmark
(05-31-2014 04:39 PM)Dave Britten Wrote:  Yeah, in terms of programming capability, they easily trump the 65, and can hold their own against - if not surpass - the 67. Shame about the algebraic entry which tends to complicate program logic (and you've already got unmerged steps working against you). The build quality was no match for the HPs, either, and it seems like the TIs are a bit slower (I don't have a real 67 to compare with).

On the other hand, the solid state software modules were pretty cool.

You can get them pretty cheaply on ebay. Just be prepared to clean out a leaky battery pack, and solder in a 3xAAA receptacle to fill with NiMHs.

Most steps in the hp65 were (are!) unmerged too, it seems to predate the TI58 by 4 years (I've seen in the wikipedia) but it beats the TI by 2.5x in this benchmark... Anyway, I'm sure I'm not going get a TI... I just need to kill a bug that I caught the other day when I stumbled upon the hp65 and the 41c, in a box, in my basement... :-) I think the last time I used the 65 was, perhaps, in the very very early 80s... and the 41c was a gift I got in the early 90's, I mean, I've never been a 41c user. I'm going to be playing with them a few days, perhaps a few weeks, and then they'll surely go back to that box in the basement. Unless my wife convinces me to put them on ebay instead... :-(
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: hp65 vs 41c vs 35s µbenchmark - GeorgeOfTheJungle - 05-31-2014 05:47 PM
RE: hp65 vs 41c vs 35s µbenchmark - pito - 06-05-2014, 05:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)