Poll: What is your Prime hardware revision?
This poll is closed.
Revision A 95.83% 46 95.83%
Revision B 0% 0 0%
Revision C (?) 2.08% 1 2.08%
Other 2.08% 1 2.08%
Total 48 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Which hardware revision do you have?
06-01-2014, 09:17 AM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2014 09:52 AM by jebem.)
RE: Which hardware revision do you have?
(05-29-2014 03:05 PM)Miguel Toro Wrote:  
(05-29-2014 02:36 PM)HP67 Wrote:  What are the differences in the hardware revisions?

The only thing that we know for certain is that with this firmware update, Revision A hardware does not support :

- Wireless
- unit-to-unit USB communication
- Data streamer

And now HP has updated their marketing catalogs to make sure people buy the second edition of this HP-Prime calculator (model G8X92AA) IF they need to take advantage of the "new" features like Wireless (model FOK65AA) and Data Streamer (model NW278AA).

These Wireless/Data Streamer/Unit-to-Unit "new" features were covered everywhere since last year, even at the HHC conventions where some of these features were announced and explained.
See for instance this HP official announcement as of 3013, where Wireless and Data Streamer was included as HP-Prime features. It never mention that you need to buy a new HP-Prime calculator to support them:
http://h30458.www3.hp.com/ww/en/ent/intr...26042.html

The need for new hardware to support these features, just after less than a year of launching this HP-Prime calculator is too much for me to accept it as a "normal" evolution. I would accept it if these features were NEVER announced as part of the HP-PRIME initial project.
So, at very least, misinformation as been the king in all this process.

As I said in other threads, calculators are just objects for my hobby as a collector. So, this HP-Prime model NW280AA (Hardware revision A) is valuable as such.

Jose Mesquita
RadioMuseum.org member

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which hardware revision do you have? - jebem - 06-01-2014 09:17 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)