newRPL - Updated to build 1510 [official build remains at 1487]
06-19-2022, 05:10 AM
RE: newRPL - Updated to build 1497 [official build remains at 1487]
(06-14-2022 02:39 AM)spiff72 Wrote:  Sorry for all the questions lately - and if the dev is busy that's totally OK.

For the Prime G1 implementation of newRPL:
- Is there a way to power off the calc, or do you just have to wait until it powers off automatically?
- Why are decimals values shown with a decimal as the separator, AND at the end of the number on the stack?
- I have experienced a graphics glitch several times since installing it on my Rev C hardware. This happens when it is powered down, and I press the On key to turn it on. The screen will be flickering and dark, and I can't get out of it without poking the reset button on the back. I would try turning it off and back on, but I don't think there is a button for this (see first question). I haven't left it in this condition long enough to see if it powers down automatically. It is still operational when in this state, but the screen looks bad. See this video for example: https://youtube.com/shorts/GPUZUKkSK2U

Thanks

We are well aware of this: it only happens if you turn the display off and back on quickly. The solution is to turn the calc off, wait 2 seconds or more, then turn it back on. We haven't been able to pinpoint the issue but it seems that when you turn off and back on quickly the LCD driver chip starts from a corrupted state. So far the only solution found was to slow down the off/on sequence, but we want newRPL to be instantaneous when you press the On key (unlike the PrimeOS, which will make you wait a short second), so slowing down is NOT a valid solution hence not implemented.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL - Updated to build 1497 [official build remains at 1487] - Claudio L. - 06-19-2022 05:10 AM
Navigating through sub-menus - Gilles - 05-13-2023, 11:31 AM
It's a mystery to me... - Klaus - 11-27-2023, 12:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)