newRPL - Updated to build 1510 [official build remains at 1487]
06-06-2022, 05:26 PM
RE: newRPL - Updated to build 1497 [official build remains at 1487]
One other question about the Prime implementation of newRPL...

As mentioned earlier, I installed it on my G1, but I had to revert the stock firmware on it to an older version (dated 2020 01 16), for reasons unrelated to newRPL (I found that the WAIT(-1) command doesn't work properly on the latest firmware for G1, so I loaded the old version. I tested it for that WAIT(-1) command problem and the older firmware works as it should.

However, when I went through the process of installing newRPL (using the firmware bundler to modify that older firmware version, everything went OK, but when I press ON-Symb followed by Esc, the screen blanks out and doesn't come back with the message about clearing RAM.

I wasn't sure I installed it right so I tried again and same result. I had been poking the RESET button to get out of that state, but it occurred to me to just press the Symb button (which I knew how to do from previously installed firmware where the message worked). This actually got me into newRPL!

So my question - would it make sense that the screen would flash and then go black with the above older firmware version?

I can live with it this way, but just wanted to make sure there wasn't some other issue to be aware of with the 2020 01 16 FW version.

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL - Updated to build 1497 [official build remains at 1487] - spiff72 - 06-06-2022 05:26 PM
Navigating through sub-menus - Gilles - 05-13-2023, 11:31 AM
It's a mystery to me... - Klaus - 11-27-2023, 12:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)