newRPL - Updated to build 1510 [official build remains at 1487]
06-01-2022, 04:31 PM
RE: newRPL - Updated to build 1497 [official build remains at 1487]
(06-01-2022 02:12 PM)spiff72 Wrote:  I have my eye on a G1 Rev C - is the newRPL implementation usable right now for the Prime? Or should I just wait? I need another calc like I need a hole in my head :-)

It's very usable with a few caveats:
* There's no automatic data persistence across reboots. If you reset your calc, or you let it run out of battery, or you switch to PrimeOS (through a reboot) you'll lose any data that wasn't backed up.
* You may of course back up via USB (fully functional at this point with newRPL Desktop).
* Alternatively, you may back up to SD card. There's no SD card, but there's access to the FAT partition within the HP Prime. This may change in the future since it's dangerous to overwrite or delete any PrimeOS files in there, and FAT is NOT flash friendly, so it will cause uneven wear on your flash. For the time being, it's OK to store a backup every now and then, but use sporadically to extend the life of your flash.
* There's a slow battery drain while the calc is off. There's something somewhere consuming a small amount of power, so be careful if you leave it for many days without checking the battery level.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL - Updated to build 1497 [official build remains at 1487] - Claudio L. - 06-01-2022 04:31 PM
Navigating through sub-menus - Gilles - 05-13-2023, 11:31 AM
It's a mystery to me... - Klaus - 11-27-2023, 12:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)