newRPL - Updated to build 1510 [official build remains at 1487]
09-01-2021, 04:53 PM
RE: newRPL - Updated to build 1497 [official build remains at 1487]
(09-01-2021 03:49 PM)gianluca Wrote:  
(08-24-2021 03:55 PM)Claudio L. Wrote:  Unofficial ROMs updated to 1497.

Time to test the new FORUP and FORDN commands!
Other bugs in ATAN, LN should be fixed now, please test.

Hi Claudio, I have just updated my hp39gs from v.1487 to v.1497 and... it's not gone as expected.
the "Data abort" error appeared and persisted: no way to get rid of it via H/W reset or via key combinations (ON+A+F, ON+A+C, etcetera).

The device could not be turned off, so the only way to actually restart the calculator was to remove all the batteries (CR2032 included, otherwise it will not work), wait a few seconds and re-install them.

Now the 39gs seems to be ok (as in the second image attached); my only question is: there is another way to effectively reset the device in case of Data abort exception, just not to panic the next time this will happen?
Maybe this behaviour only happens with the hp39gs? Undecided

Thank you for your work!

GianLuca

Yes, of course there is. The equivalent of TTRM+"NO" to wipe out corrupted memory works like this:
After reset, press any key immediately, but I mean *immediately* (you need to be really, really fast).

Reset may be done from the Data abort exception screen with the "Reset" option using any shift key (in other words, shift-hold+ Reset), but you need to have quick fingers: As soon as you release the reset you need to press another key (like backspace) but really quick. What works best for me is to do a "triple-click" on that key as fast as possible because if you are too quick you'll get a gray blank screen that's just waiting for you to release all keys. In that case you need to release and press back very quickly (hence the triple-click helps because you are mentally ready to release and press back).
Using the paperclip hole for reset makes it very hard to be quick enough (because you are holding the calc in the air), so I lay the calc flat and do a software Reset (On+A+F then Shift+Reset or in this case from the Data Abort screen) followed by a triple-click very fast.
If you do it quick enough (might have to try a couple of times), it will show "EXCEPTION: Wipeout requested". Now you'll select "Clear Memory" pressing ALL 3 SHIFTS simultaneously (ON+RS+LS+(C or D)).

Takes a long time to explain it, but a fraction of a second to do it, that's life Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL - Updated to build 1497 [official build remains at 1487] - Claudio L. - 09-01-2021 04:53 PM
Navigating through sub-menus - Gilles - 05-13-2023, 11:31 AM
It's a mystery to me... - Klaus - 11-27-2023, 12:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)