newRPL - Updated to build 1510 [official build remains at 1487]
07-30-2021, 04:12 PM
RE: newRPL - Updated to build 1487 [ including official build]
(07-30-2021 11:57 AM)Alejandro Paz(Germany) Wrote:  
(07-30-2021 02:44 AM)Claudio L. Wrote:  Only using a VM with Windows and the original connectivity kit that came with the calculator (or downloaded from hpcalc.org).

I had to install the driver from here hpcalc HP3x, 4x, 50 Drivers manually (even after it supposedly installed itself after running the executable) and then I could download the ROM.
Now I have to see how to change the fonts, it is too small, I thought about the 39gII... it is not a target (yet) Sad, that one has nice resolution.
Well at least it is RPN but it has the 50g layout, I suppose... a calculator friendly layout would be too much to ask I suppose... the 39 is far from the 48 :/

There's another thread (or was it somewhere in this thread?) with a nice template to create overlays for the 39gs keyboard. I have one and it looks VERY nice.
Changing the fonts is straightforward, just type the name of a system (or user) font and use ->FNTxxx to use that font on a particular area of the screen (see the wiki, Chapter 6 and open the Fonts commands to see what I mean.

Besides creating your own custom fonts, which isn't all that hard to do, there's quite a few system fonts you can use simply by typing the name as a variable name 'Font5A' will use the 5 pixel high, Style A font.

You can see all available system fonts directly in the source code, if you click on the bitmaps you can even preview them in your browser before you choose.

The name on the calculator is always "Font" (case sensitive), the height in pixels and the style, as in 'Font10A'.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL - Updated to build 1487 [ including official build] - Claudio L. - 07-30-2021 04:12 PM
Navigating through sub-menus - Gilles - 05-13-2023, 11:31 AM
It's a mystery to me... - Klaus - 11-27-2023, 12:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)