newRPL - Updated to build 1510 [official build remains at 1487]
07-29-2021, 02:43 PM
RE: newRPL - Updated to build 1487 [ including official build]
(07-29-2021 02:40 PM)Claudio L. Wrote:  
(07-29-2021 02:30 PM)spiff72 Wrote:  Strange. The fonts didn't seem to transfer when i restored them (at least on the 39gs - archived the 39gs and restored to same 39gs after the update). I will try a restore on the 50g again. I looked at it after I posted that message, and noticed my programs weren't there, so maybe I forgot to restore that archive in my excitement at getting it to finally update. :-)

One thing: if you DON'T customize your font sizes and leave the standard ones after a memory clear, they won't transfer. When the user has no standard font specified, the system chooses the best font based on the size of the screen. Could it be what happened? To enforce a certain size, set the font, even if it's the same as the one the system chose for you.

I'm pretty confident that I adjusted several of the fonts on the 39gs to make them bigger than default (for my old eyes to read better). I have noticed (and previously commented either in this thread or elsewhere) that the fonts seemed a bit flaky - like if you use the command to recall the font set for a particular item it reports a different font than what is really in use, and if you set the font again, it reports correctly? Are you aware of that?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL - Updated to build 1487 [ including official build] - spiff72 - 07-29-2021 02:43 PM
Navigating through sub-menus - Gilles - 05-13-2023, 11:31 AM
It's a mystery to me... - Klaus - 11-27-2023, 12:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)