newRPL - Updated to build 1510 [official build remains at 1487]
07-28-2021, 02:13 AM
RE: newRPL - Updated to build 1487 [ including official build]
(07-28-2021 02:00 AM)Claudio L. Wrote:  
(07-27-2021 09:20 PM)spiff72 Wrote:  Sorry for all the questions, but I am trying to update my 50g (which has the previous build of newRPL on it) via the new newRPL desktop. I can connect to it, but when I click the Update Firmware button and choose the newRPLfw.bin file, I get an error stating that "Selected file does not contain a valid image for target device". I also went to the sourceforge site and downloaded the file from there (for the 50g) and that one gives the same error message.

Does the calculator have to be in a special state to update?

That's really strange. I did add more strict checks so you cannot accidedntally mix firmware files between 50g, 48g, 40gs, etc. and brick your calc. Older firmware images show as " newRPL Calc" when connecting over USB and the strict checks are disabled. New firmware identifies as "newRPL 50g" when connecting over USB and enables the stricter check based on the calc model that's reported. The check is done on the PC side, so the version you have should not matter.
I'll have to investigate once more, but that was tested and working months ago... Oh, well.

If it is useful, here are images of the firmware update dialog and the error message...

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL - Updated to build 1487 [ including official build] - spiff72 - 07-28-2021 02:13 AM
Navigating through sub-menus - Gilles - 05-13-2023, 11:31 AM
It's a mystery to me... - Klaus - 11-27-2023, 12:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)