newRPL - Updated to build 1510 [official build remains at 1487]
07-27-2021, 05:40 PM
RE: newRPL - Updated to build 1487 [ including official build]
(07-27-2021 05:13 PM)Claudio L. Wrote:  newRPL was updated to build 1487!

See the release notes and updated download links on the first post. Also all official links in sourceforge were updated properly.

A big THANK YOU to fellow forum member erazor for his contribution to the Prime G1 port. Without his help I'd still be stuck trying to boot. His skills got us out of trouble and got the NAND driver and USB driver working, which was needed to release it to the public.

There's no install instructions in the wiki yet for the Prime.
I'll try to write something in the next few days, but basically just install the Firmware Bundler that comes in the newRPL Desktop installer, point it to the folder where the connectivity kit stores the firmware and point it to the ROM file you download for newRPL Prime (either from Sourceforge or from the links in the first post). Click proceed and let it do its magic, then use the Connectivity kit to update your calculator.
If your calculator boots normally then it's done. You need to reboot with On+Symb while quickly pressing and holding Esc to switch to newRPL.
To switch back to Prime, use Esc+A+F then choose Reset by Shift-hold and the menu key. As soon as it starts rebooting you need to quickly press and hold Esc to switch Operating systems.

Enjoy! And don't forget reporting bugs, it's important for the project.
Whoah there - the Prime can DUAL BOOT newRPL and the normal Prime OS? If so, I need to crank up my search for a G1!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL - Updated to build 1487 [ including official build] - spiff72 - 07-27-2021 05:40 PM
Navigating through sub-menus - Gilles - 05-13-2023, 11:31 AM
It's a mystery to me... - Klaus - 11-27-2023, 12:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)