newRPL - Updated to build 1510 [official build remains at 1487]
04-12-2021, 12:53 AM
RE: newRPL - Updated to build 1360 [ including official build]
(04-12-2021 12:34 AM)Claudio L. Wrote:  
(04-11-2021 11:31 PM)spiff72 Wrote:  Hello,

I am poking around with this newRPL option and have a few questions that are probably quite simple.

In looking through the wiki, I see that the autocomplete commands claims that you can scroll through the available autocomplete suggestions with AL-U or AL-D (which i read as alpha-up arrow or alpha-down arrow). This doesn't seem to do anything for me when using the simulator (build 1360). I am also unable to do the actual entry of the autocompletion suggestion which appears to be AL-Rightarrow.

Am I doing something wrong or does this not work in the simulator?

If it matters, my test case is trying to type PURGE to remove a variable.

Also is "PURGE" not available in a soft key or other method without typing it out?
EDIT: I managed to find this one under the System-Global soft menus.

Finally, is the correct method to enable alpha lock mode with caps to use the alpha-leftshift-alpha sequence?

Thanks!

In the simulator, TAB is the Alpha key. Alpha is always locked in newRPL, there's no such thing as locking alpha. Just press Alpha and you'll see the C cursor indicating caps mode.
One touch of Alpha will switch to L. If no other key is pressed, another Alpha will take you out of alpha mode (just tap alpha twice).

Autocomplete uses Alpha-hold. Just type the first few letters and you'll see a suggestion. Press and HOLD alpha (TAB) while pressing cursors up and down to see other suggestions (if there's more than one, nothing will happen if there's a single suggestion or no suggestions possible with the characters you typed). For example type DU, there's several forms of DUP that you'll be able to see as suggestions. Right cursor (also holding alpha pressed) will complete the word.

Also, PURGE is at the STO key (actually HIST on the 50g). It's a long press, so put the name of the variable on the stack and long-press HIST to purge it.

And finally, Prime G2 is not supported, we are working on the Prime G1 only.

I hope you enjoy newRPL on all your machines!

Regards,

Got it! thanks for those helful comments. I didn't realize that PURGE was also a long press of the STO key. Also helpful to know about the "TAB" key being the equivalent of alpha for the simulator - I was wondering how one could do press-hold functions using a mouse!

I am hoping to print out a KB template for the 39gs (and maybe the 50g) once I have the materials on hand to do so.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL - Updated to build 1360 [ including official build] - spiff72 - 04-12-2021 12:53 AM
Navigating through sub-menus - Gilles - 05-13-2023, 11:31 AM
It's a mystery to me... - Klaus - 11-27-2023, 12:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)