newRPL - Updated to build 1510 [official build remains at 1487]
10-11-2020, 06:56 PM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2020 06:58 PM by Claudio L..)
RE: newRPL - Updated to build 1360 [ including official build]
(09-26-2020 03:49 PM)The Shadow Wrote:  Hrm. I gotta say, this doesn't sit well with me - specifically, rad/s being the same as Hz.

Given that newRPL correctly translates between turns and radians, maybe the Hz should be defined as a turn/s?

(Out of curiosity, I've noticed that some energy units have 'IT' appended to them - does that stand for 'international' or something else?)

Finally, is there any way for us to alter the Units menu ala the old Unitman library, short of recreating it all from scratch by TMENU?

Well, that's a possibility but Hz is not always coming from circular motion, so defining it in terms of turns may cause some unexpected results.

For example, let's say you want to calculate a number of clock ticks in a period of time, so n=f*t with f in Hz and t in seconds. If f is in turns/sec then f*t is in turns, and n will have a unit of turns. If you operate this number n with a scalar, it would convert the turns to radians first, so n+10 would actually result in 2pi*n+10, messing up you cycle counts.
I don't know, it may be better the way you suggest. I wonder if their could be other formulae that breaks because of the unwanted turns unit.

You wouldn't need to recreate it completely from scratch, only the main submenu labels. You can create a TMENU that calls the unit submenus you need. You can get the menu codes for each submenu, and simply passing that code to TMENU does the trick.
I don't know if this does what you need: this way you get some submenus from the standard units menu combined with some submenus of yours. There's no provision for the user to add units to the standard unit menu at the moment.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL - Updated to build 1360 [ including official build] - Claudio L. - 10-11-2020 06:56 PM
Navigating through sub-menus - Gilles - 05-13-2023, 11:31 AM
It's a mystery to me... - Klaus - 11-27-2023, 12:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)