newRPL - Updated to build 1510 [official build remains at 1487]
04-27-2020, 08:34 PM
RE: newRPL - Updated to build 1360 [ including official build]
(04-21-2020 03:08 AM)Claudio L. Wrote:  I would say not at the moment on serial comms. It would be relatively simple to implement but would be used by very, very few people. Lately I have been overloaded with real world work so feature creep is very low priority. Would've loved to have been forced to quarantine without work to move newRPL forward quickly, but I'm not one of the millions that lost their jobs, I'm among the "lucky" ones that needs to keep going.
Regarding USB... newRPL uses the raw HID protocol so it works without drivers on all known OS's that support USB. And the calculator is a device, not a host so you would still need to connect the calculator to some host (Raspberry PI, Arduino with USB host shield, Teensy, etc.). On top of that, newRPL doesn't send raw strings but calculator objects (if your object is a string, the object is basically a 4 byte prolog then the string, not that hard) and uses a minimalistic way to split objects into HID reports. So your host would have to deal with the raw HID protocol, plus interpret the packets from newRPL in order to get complete objects reassembled and strip the prologs to get the strings.

Hi Claudio, Thanks for replying and I completely understand. Thank you for your explanation on usb. Programming a raspberry pie or teensy is within my capability so I may try that.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL - Updated to build 1360 [ including official build] - snrowe - 04-27-2020 08:34 PM
Navigating through sub-menus - Gilles - 05-13-2023, 11:31 AM
It's a mystery to me... - Klaus - 11-27-2023, 12:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)