newRPL - Updated to build 1510 [official build remains at 1487]
02-24-2020, 07:16 PM
RE: newRPL - Updated to build 1351 [ starting a new thread!]
(02-24-2020 03:34 AM)The Shadow Wrote:  Claudio, I tried it in the path suggested, and I still get a crash every time. Do you want me to email you the backup file?
No need, I did my own testing, it seems there's a problem with the Qt library and the "Open file" dialog box. I was quick to blame newRPL before, but I think the problem is in the supporting library.
I tested on my Android 10 phone and it doesn't crash but the app becomes unresponsive after using the "Open" or the "Open file to level 1" menu items. Both use the native file open mechanism but it doesn't work.
I also tried this on a tablet with Android 7.1 and in this case it crashes every time, so there's clearly something wrong. Debugging didn't help, newRPL doesn't crash, it's somewhere inside the Qt library.
I'll have to investigate deeper, and perhaps downgrade to an older version that doesn't use the native FileOpen style.

In the meanwhile, here's your workaround:
Make note of that "files" folder I mentioned before. On the app, do a "Save as" with a name let's say "MyCalc.nrpb". Close the newRPL Android app completely (you have to either use the Exit from the menu, the Back key or using the app switcher you swipe it off the screen, if you switch to a different app or press the Home key it will remain active).
Now using an app like Total Commander or any other file manager, rename the backup file you got from the physical calculator to "MyCalc.nrpb" and copy it to the same 'files' folder (overwriting the file we just created).
Next time you open the app, it will open your backup file and it should all work. It's a pain, but it's the only way to bypass the FileOpen dialog box for now.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL - Updated to build 1351 [ starting a new thread!] - Claudio L. - 02-24-2020 07:16 PM
Navigating through sub-menus - Gilles - 05-13-2023, 11:31 AM
It's a mystery to me... - Klaus - 11-27-2023, 12:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)