The Prime is just an Expensive Toy
12-20-2019, 09:13 AM
RE: The Prime is just an Expensive Toy
The first thing, to apologize for my English, is a google translation but I hope it is understood.
The Prime is designed for the educational field, it is not the replacement of the HP50G, rather it is the clear evolution of the 39G series.
Why? A few years ago, we studied the race with the HP 48 (SX, GX, ...) or the 49G / 50G series. We developed in them, we felt comfortable and read all the manuals that passed through our hands and we programmed them (sometimes even by hobbie)
These calculators were incorporated into our work with our programs or with the huge list of available programs.
Currently the new generations do not learn rpl and in the field of work, they do not need a calculator but specific programs that they have on their smartphone or computer
And in that world the HP Prime is born. It will not have a large library because people do not need the calculator for specific programs as we had before.
It is a demand supply product
An HP 51G? In color, fast, RPL, compatible with 50G and more ...
I would love to buy it and use it
But how many would sell part of the people in this forum?
not many
That said, I think the Prime is a great product that should be integrated with a python interpreter (or micropython) because it is the educational language for excellence today (if they replace it with another one within 5 years, the PRIME II must take that other) and if someone buys it he is aware that he buys.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Prime is just an Expensive Toy - dfsantos - 12-20-2019 09:13 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)