The Prime is just an Expensive Toy
12-19-2019, 06:59 PM (This post was last modified: 12-19-2019 10:06 PM by DrDarius.)
RE: The Prime is just an Expensive Toy
(12-19-2019 06:10 PM)TheLastMillennial Wrote:  I'm really confused how you don't see a significant difference when you look at the Prime upside down. Even when at angles not as severe as the pictures I shared below.
Personally I see a huge difference between the two, especially on the status bar.

Okay, if you look at the soft keys from the low angle (30-40 deg), then indeed the upside down view seems to be better. But, at the same time, the title bar seen upside down has a color of a washed out underwear. Smile

Bottom line: I've seen worse.

I believe that we're splitting hairs here. I tend to treat the calculator as a *tool*, not as a object of worship. Nothing's perfect, especially Prime, and we need to learn to live with its inefficiencies. We should definitely report flaws to the HP design team and hope that they have honest approach to engineering, and they will listen to customers' feedback. But then it's time to go on with out lives.

(Caveat: some individuals may treat calculators as hobby, and spend every free minute of their lives on playing with them. In this case, it's an exception.)

There are things for which Prime is not suitable for at all, and simple calculators such as EL-W516T or FX-991EX perform way better. I like Prime, but if it not suited for the task, I will toss it into the drawer without any hesitation and use something else.

Darius
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Prime is just an Expensive Toy - DrDarius - 12-19-2019 06:59 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)