The Prime is just an Expensive Toy
12-14-2019, 01:39 PM
RE: The Prime is just an Expensive Toy
(12-14-2019 03:01 AM)medwatt Wrote:  In conclusion, my advice to you is for you to step back and read what you wrote, realize how ironical it sounds and stop with this holier than thou attitude. Some of your arguments make you sound like an old man complaining how bad the youth of today is compared to yesteryear.

So, basically you agree that you want ready made packages and you also agree on the way you want to use Python, hence my perception was accurate.
The holier than thou attitude wasn't mine, in fact it was yours on the original post, saying that if a product doesn't do what you need is a problem with the product. If you needed a different tool, that doesn't mean you should go on a public forum thrashing a product. Feedback is one thing, feedback with an attitude is quite different. I merely pointed out to other users that were trying to show pros and cons of the device that none of that was going to change your opinion because you need a code repository that doesn't exist.

There's nothing wrong with what you want, except you come here almost demanding that the product you chose to buy should have all this. You being a professional (as am I) know very well the tools we use can cost thousands of dollars. I do use tools like that all the time, I just don't think is right to go complain that my hammer doesn't work with screws.
I use ready made software all the time, most of it is paid, it's expensive and for good reason. However, I also have a collection of spreadsheets, many of them with VBA code I created, to serve specific needs I have. It just wouldn't cross my mind to go on a Microsoft forum and say that Excel is an expensive toy because it doesn't have what I need.

You need specific software, then you need to start your purchase from the existing software capabilities, then you can see which hardware can support your software. It's all up to you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Prime is just an Expensive Toy - Claudio L. - 12-14-2019 01:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)