How to do Fourier Integrals on the HP Prime?
12-08-2019, 03:43 PM
RE: How to do Fourier Integrals on the HP Prime?
(12-08-2019 03:30 PM)Stevetuc Wrote:  
(12-08-2019 03:18 PM)medwatt Wrote:  Hello. Thanks for your reply. What you're doing is not calculating the Fourier Transform. It is easy to get the Fourier Transform from the Laplace Transform if we restrict our function to just one side of the plane (left-sided or right sided). If a function is left-sided or right-sided then to get the Fourier Transform, you evaluate the Laplace Transform and then substitute s=jw or s=-jw. This is what you seem to be doing. But what about the Fourier Transform of a dc signal which goes from -inf to +inf ? How do you calculate that ? Or how do calculate the FT of e^(j*2*t) ?

Thanks for your response. I simply followed the Fourier Transform examples in the AUG. You mentioned in your first post that "The HP 50g can do Fourier Transforms". I assume you have 50g code examples that cover the cases you mention above. Can you share them?

It was actually a mistake. I assumed the 50g can do Fourier Transforms because I saw a function called "Fourier". Apparently, it's just Fourier Series. I find it ironical that the Prime's CAS is based on Giac/Xcas whose website is: https://www-fourier.ujf-grenoble.fr/~parisse/giac.html. The website literally has "Fourier" in it and you would expect that a function for the Fourier Transform is implemented, but it isn't. I can't understand why HP ignores FT. It's super important for people in Electrical Engineering.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to do Fourier Integrals on the HP Prime? - medwatt - 12-08-2019 03:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)