Arduino IL Drive Sim read good write bad
11-28-2019, 04:48 PM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2021 09:04 AM by Klaus Overhage.)
RE: Arduino IL Drive Sim read good write bad
Hello Tobi,

thank you very much for your kind words. I Like to share what I have done with the advice of your manual. The photos below show my version of the now perfectly working Arduino IL Drive simulator. I soldered the PIL-IO board component kit and the wiring myself. Thanks to the SORA Acrylic Box, however, it was not necessary to drill or saw.

I used a WINGONEER Prototype PCB and inserted and soldered the SD Card module directly underneath. As a result, there was no place for the regular 5V Pin Header Row. That's OK because 5V and GND are also at the two ends of the longest Pin Header Row. With two self adhesive elastic buffer at the outside of the longest Pin Header Row the Arduino board fits well in the Acrylic Box.4 elastic buffer a needed as feet under the box.

parts list:
  • ELEGOO Mega2560R3 Mikrocontroller Board
  • WINGONEER Prototype PCB for Arduino MEGA 2560 R3
  • kwmobile SD Card Modul
  • SORA Acryl Box for Arduino Mega
  • Elegoo Jumper Wire 40x 20cm Female-Female or Male-Female
  • a PIL-IO board component kit equipped with the PIL-Box firmware from jeffcalc
    (see http://www.jeffcalc.hp41.eu/hpil/index.html)
  • a HP-IL-Cabel (cut in two half)
  • 2 SD-Cards (one for HP-41C-LIF-files and one for HP-71B-LIF-files)
  • Arduino 9V adapter
  • 6 elastic buffer self adhesive hemisphere

In total, the parts cost about 170 € (about 190 $). 50 € less if you already have one HP-IL cable and two SD cards left.

Best Regards
Klaus

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arduino IL Drive Sim read good write bad - Klaus Overhage - 11-28-2019 04:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)