Sharp EL-W506T vs. Sharp EL-W516T
11-16-2019, 01:23 AM
RE: Sharp EL-W506T vs. Sharp EL-W516T
(11-15-2019 10:57 PM)lrdheat Wrote:  Another difference between the CASIO fx-991EX and TI-30X Pro MathPrint (European edition of the 36X Pro of the U.S) is that the CASIO, while being able to handle some integrals where a function is undefined at an endpoint/endpoints, cannot deal with a function that is undefined at some point within the interval being considered. The TI’s can handle these situations. The work around on the CASIO is to divide integral into 2 integrals, and, if necessary, integrate each integral from a 1E-12 offset from the offending interval start and/or end points.

That's handy that the TI-30X/36X Pro does that; what kind of answer would it give if say you tried to integrate 1/x from [0,1] ? (an improper integral: https://socratic.org/questions/how-do-yo...-converges)

I've thought about whether the Ti-36X Pro might be a better fit than the Sharp, since I have heard that it can store it's history as well. It's a little more limited with expressions though (maximum expression length is double on the Sharp (159 characters on the Sharp vs 80 on the TI-36X Pro). Not a fan of the design and the display contrast (though I haven't seen it in person, so perhaps it isn't as bad as it looks on the videos).

The integration seems faster from the few video's I've seen, but I'm not sure what integration method it is using (is it Gauss-Kronrod like the Casio?).

It may just be I'm a bit biased against TI; in the US I'm guessing that is the default brand of calculator that students grow up with, where over here Casio was what every student learns to use. I tried to be 'edgy' in my youth and bought a Sharp calculator in school (after a google I'm certain it was the EL-556G), and bought myself what I think was the Sharp EL-5120 programmable for post-school studies; though I wasn't much of a fan of that one (probably didn't know how to use it properly). It's probably why I have a bit of soft spot for Sharp even though Casio outclasses them in many other areas.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sharp EL-W506T vs. Sharp EL-W516T - Mjim - 11-16-2019 01:23 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)