48G Re-creation Project (fantasy)
11-13-2019, 04:15 PM
RE: 48G Re-creation Project (fantasy)
(11-11-2019 11:49 PM)EugeneNine Wrote:  I know the x48 code will work on ARM so I'd suggest starting with an ARM MCU such as the mso432 http://www.ti.com/microcontrollers/simpl...ing#second
The MSP432 seems pretty neat, but I would also check out the STM32 line, which has a lot more features. You can get one of their "discovery boards" pretty cheap: STM32 Discovery Boards The one I have used (STM32F429 Discovery Board) has a 168MHz ARM, 2MB Flash, 256k internal RAM with 64-Mbit SDRAM on the board, and a 2.4" LCD. It would be a very good base to work off of. It also has a second USB port that you can set to use as a virtual COM port, which really simplifies communicating with a PC. There is also a "mass storage" option, though I haven't used it. You may be able to set up drag and drop for files pretty easily with it.

Quote:looks like it was made on windows too. I'm not saying its impossible,its just more work to port windows stuff over.
One of the main things to consider is memory management. Does the C code for any of these emulators make calls to malloc? If so, you'll have to implement a dynamic memory system, since there is no magic working behind the scenes on an embedded processor like there is on a Windows system.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 48G Re-creation Project (fantasy) - Druzyek - 11-13-2019 04:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)