RPL equivalents to BREAK, CYCLE, EXIT, etc.?
06-08-2014, 01:44 PM
RE: RPL equivalents to BREAK, CYCLE, EXIT, etc.?
(06-08-2014 09:46 AM)HP67 Wrote:  I don't have any intention to argue with anyone, but since "silence is consent" I felt compelled to clarify my views. I believe I have what to base my conclusions on and I'm sure you do also. So I will just "agree to disagree" with you on this one!

No need to worry, I would never have interpreted silence as consent. In fact, I suspect that the majority here would tend to side with you, as the RPN crowd is much more prominent here. This topic is not new to the programming world, and it frequently seems to cause contention.

In the spectrum of programming languages/models, I think it's fair to say that the need for GOTOs and the like is inversely proportional to the complexity of the language. In other words, the closer to machine language you get, the greater the need. I can't imagine Saturn without its GOTOs, or RPN for that matter. But RPL is still quite functional without them, and higher level languages on other platforms as well.

Personally, I think a lot depends on the style a given programmer tends to use. I'm not a zealot on this topic, but I do contend that structured programming leads to more readable code. And no, I don't expect many here to agree with me. Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: RPL equivalents to BREAK, CYCLE, EXIT, etc.? - DavidM - 06-08-2014 01:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)