Alternative HP-41CL mainframe (OS ROMs) update for beta test
10-07-2019, 08:10 PM
RE: Alternative HP-41CL mainframe (OS ROMs) update for beta test
(10-07-2019 04:56 PM)hth Wrote:  Yes, but it does not correspond to any actual hardware, so why test it that way, wishful thinking or do I miss something?
I can certainly fix my debugger/emulator to support Halfnut characters if needed, and looking at the source indicates that it probably already does.
However, I cannot change the ROMs in my Halfnuts, and I do not have any Halfnut LCD on my 41CL (and it is unlikely, if at all possible, that people have such calculators).
I can use my 41CLv2 board and transfer it to a custom build machine if you want (FN-41 with a HN-LCD).

(10-07-2019 04:56 PM)hth Wrote:  Finally, about Windows. I do not use it and I did not like it at all in the past. From Windows 8 I think they really got their act together.
I used Windows a lot professionally and personally until I got tired of spending more time managing the platform than using it.
Since then, 2005, I refused all jobs that was forcing me to use Windows, converted all existing home machines to Linux/BSD and when buying new machines, it was either Linux/BSD-on-PC or macOS-on-MacBookPro.
On rare times that I have no choice to use Windows in a VM, I always uses Windows 7, I just cannot stand the UI craziness of Windows 8.X and Windows 10, strange how perception works Wink

Sylvain
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alternative HP-41CL mainframe (OS ROMs) update for beta test - Sylvain Cote - 10-07-2019 08:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)