Programming Pad for RPL Programs
05-21-2014, 10:29 PM
RE: Programming Pad for RPL Programs
(05-21-2014 09:03 PM)Raymond Del Tondo Wrote:  ...One of the disadvantages of Debug2x was that the editor control they used always changed and reformatted my (the user's) source text without asking, which is a no-go.
I don't know if Debug4x (the extremely improved Debug2x, by Bill Graves) still has this issue, but this was one of the reasons why I even made my few 49g projects using some custom scripts and the cmd line tools.

Debug4x does no re-formatting of source code. What it does do, and I find extremely helpful, is to highlight reserved words automatically. But your indentation, spacing, etc. are all left exactly as you type them.

Perhaps as a result of it originally being developed in Delphi (which I also use), there are some nice Delphi-like features as well. Things like ctrl-space activating auto-complete, ctrl-/ toggles commented lines, and ctrl-click (sometimes) jumping to symbol definitions are handy features that are familiar from that environment.

Combined with the excellent integration with EMU48 (a special version made for Debug4x), it's a difficult environment to beat for SysRPL/Saturn development. And though it's not quite as complete a solution for UserRPL, you can still use if for that purpose as well.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Programming Pad for RPL Programs - DavidM - 05-21-2014 10:29 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)