Programming Pad for RPL Programs
05-21-2014, 09:44 AM
RE: Programming Pad for RPL Programs
I have been using stack diagrams and a text editor to do anything complicated (for me) in RPL. I cannot imagine a form would be very helpful. I don't know a good answer for this but I have been thinking somebody with the skills should be able to cook up an Emacs RPL mode that would at least help with formatting the code nicely. I believe there are several Windows-based tools that do that already. For me how the code looks helps or hinders understanding it. Maybe there is a way but the device seems to reformat the code more or less how it wants, and the useful newlines that I inserted to break up the logical statements disappear. For me this is one of the hardest parts of writing RPL and maintaining it on the device. So for stuff with a lot of stack-dancing I have been doing all the maintenance in a text editor and keying the diffs on the device manually.

I used to use forms a lot in the keypunch days but have not used any since. I can see where they would be useful in gathering thoughts, etc. when writing any significant code that has to be keyed in on a calculator keypad though.

It ain't OVER 'till it's 2 PICK
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Programming Pad for RPL Programs - HP67 - 05-21-2014 09:44 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)