Restoring/repairing/replacing classic series button contacts
09-24-2019, 01:52 PM (This post was last modified: 09-24-2019 01:53 PM by burkhard.)
RE: Restoring/repairing/replacing classic series button contacts
I think the answer depends on whether you want your calculator just functional or "right".
Since you have it functional now, and are not happy, I'll assume you really seek to get it "right".

While the domes suggested which might have worked well on a Voyager, my guess is that they will probably be too "clicky" for your 35.

When I compare keyboards on my Classic series, I find that the 35 and 45 have decidedly less of a pronounced click throughout the keyboard than the later 55, 65, and 67 (well OK, only a ½-Classic) models. I think it was more subtle on the earlier models than on the later ones. I seem to recall there was a key contact change that eliminated gold-plated contacts to save $, but I'll leave that for the real historians.

So, to get it "right", like it sounds like you want, you are probably going to need to salvage some parts from a trashed donor calculator, preferably another 35 or maybe a 45. Why don't you post a "WANTED" message in the "Classifieds" section of this forum? Someone might have a row or two they will part with cheap or even gratis.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Restoring/repairing/replacing classic series button contacts - burkhard - 09-24-2019 01:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)