Learning How to Use the Prime G2 - Hallway Pole Problem - In Three Parts
09-04-2019, 02:42 AM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2019 02:43 AM by jlind.)
RE: Learning How to Use the Prime G2 - Hallway Pole Problem - In Three Parts
(09-03-2019 06:00 PM)JoJo1973 Wrote:  JLind,

you have a gift for explaining topics, and if HP would hire you to write a manual for the nextgen calculator (or a brand new book for the HP Prime) I would definitely consider the purchase, but I need to know a thing:

Who's Bob, and why does it matter whether he's your uncle or not! Wink Wink Wink

Thanks!

"Bob's your uncle" is a British phrase for something that's very simple and easily accomplished with little effort. Learned it from the British Army when I was stationed in Europe. It was a favorite used by a young lieutenant - same rank as a US 1st Lt. Wasn't hard to figure out from context, but finally asked him for the back story. Allegedly a Prime Minister whose first name was "Robert", aka "Bob", appointed his nephew to a key post in the British government of Ireland in the late 19th Century (before the Irish Free State), the equivalent of its Secretary of State and its de facto day-to-day governor. It was a very high visibility and unpopular act of nepotism. Notwithstanding whatever qualifications and merits the nephew might have had otherwise, "Bob's your uncle" was perceived as the one that got him the posting.

"And that's the rest of the story."

John

John

Pickett: N4-ES, N600
TI: 58, 30-III, 30x Pro MathPrint, 36x Solar, 85, 86, 89T, Voyage 200, Nspire CX II CAS
HP: 50g, Prime G2, DM42
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Learning How to Use the Prime G2 - Hallway Pole Problem - In Three Parts - jlind - 09-04-2019 02:42 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)