HP41 Card Reader bug in conjunction with X-Memory
08-03-2019, 02:50 AM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2019 02:51 AM by hth.)
RE: HP41 Card Reader bug in conjunction with X-Memory
The story is very simple, I ordered the DVD and it did not work on my machine. I had some communication and I thought that the filesystem support on the Mac could be an issue, so another DVD using a universal disk format was created. It did not work either. Machine spins up DVD and comes up with nothing. At this point I asked about if I could download the information over the internet, but it went without answer.

Looking at the price payed and the cost for Jake sending it, I concluded (on my side) that I used up my quota so I settled for that, hoping that some day I might encounter another machine with a DVD that could read it. It has not happened so far.

I just wanted to post a small warning, because I was at the time under the impression that it worked for everyone, not a single problem? Maybe it is only me having a Mac G5 as the sole machine with a DVD player? It does read the HP museum DVD without problems.

I have since then also concluded that I probably do not need this information much anyway. I already have the (for me) relevant PPC issues and can find out what I need by looking at the HP-41 source code (my only HP calculator interest is in the HP-41, and Forth to some degree).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP41 Card Reader bug in conjunction with X-Memory - hth - 08-03-2019 02:50 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)