Were Singapore made HP-32Sii produced with different keycaps?
07-26-2019, 03:45 PM
RE: Were Singapore made HP-32Sii produced with different keycaps?
(07-26-2019 02:20 PM)striegel Wrote:  
(07-26-2019 01:27 AM)rprosperi Wrote:  ...very common on Voyager machines (look closely at your V. keys with a loupe or simple magnifying glass), where you can also easily find keys that appear to have been shot once for 12C use, and the re-shot (somehow) for use on 11C/15C/16C use.
Oh, that I have done.

Alan

I have seen that on some of my Voyagers as well. It was my assumption that they double-shot in the same color (so as to make the original label nearly invisible) and then merely printed or painted the desired final label on.

From what Bob is saying about, they were actually triple-shot, though. Is that right? How? I'm trying to envision what the mold would look like. There's an injection molding guru engineer where I work. I should probably ask his opinion as well.

Has anyone ever cross-sectioned (cut open) a double-shot key (any double-shot key... not necessarily one of these "triple" ones)? How deep does the label go?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Maybe not later in the year - striegel - 07-25-2019, 01:03 AM
RE: Were Singapore made HP-32Sii produced with different keycaps? - burkhard - 07-26-2019 03:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)