HP-41CX w/ XF-Module - just curious
07-26-2019, 02:46 AM
RE: HP-41CX w/ XF-Module - just curious
(07-26-2019 01:10 AM)rprosperi Wrote:  
(07-25-2019 05:29 PM)Sylvain Cote Wrote:  If I remember correctly, in a C/CV, CAT 2 start its scan at page 5 while in a CX CAT 2 start its scan at page 3 but skip page 4.
When you execute a ROM function or a ROM FOCAL routine the 41OS follow the same search pattern as CAT 2.
Those CAT-2 results imply XEQ-ing EMROOM should work, since it is in "-CX EXT FNC", which is seen in your results, but when I tested this, it is not found. Did you try to [XEQ] "EMROOM" with the XFM installed in a CX?
Robert,
You are right, I tried it and the plug-in module hide the internal module for both X-F/M and TIME modules.
As a test, without any plug-in modules, I have switched to program mode and entered all the CX X-Fncs and CX Time functions.
Without the modules I can see the functions name (ex: EMROOM) but when I plug the X-F/M and the TIME modules I see the XROM's instead (ex: XROM 25,53)
I wonder if the same behaviour apply to the hardwired printer ROM (page 6, XROM 29,XX) and HP-IL (page 7, XROM 28,XX).
So, right now we can assume that the 41OS CX version behave like the 41OS C/CV version for page priority.
Also, we can say that the 41OS in general start searching at least from page 6 before looking at the lower pages.
The remaining question is does the search start at page 6 or at page 8.
I will do a test setup this weekend that will clarify this point and will come back with the result.
Sylvain
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP-41CX w/ XF-Module - just curious - Sylvain Cote - 07-26-2019 02:46 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)