HP-41CX w/ XF-Module - just curious
07-25-2019, 01:04 AM
RE: HP-41CX w/ XF-Module - just curious

1. The TIME ROM is built-in in the HP-41CX and available as a plug-in module for the HP-41C/CV
    -> 4K Word ROM, hardwired to page 5
  2. The Extended Functions/Memory ROM+RAM is built-in in the HP-41CX and available as a plug-in module for the HP-41C/CV
    -> 4K Word ROM, hardwired to page 3 in the HP-41CX or plug-in port low page in the HP-41C/CV (page 8, 10, 12, or 14)
    -> 128 RAM registers are hardwired from 64 (0x040) to 191 (0x0BF)
  3. The CX Time & CX Extended Functions ROM (4K Word ROM) is built-in in the HP-41CX and not available as a plug-in module for the HP-41C/CV
    -> 4K Word ROM, hardwired to page 5 bank 1 in the HP-41CX

If you plug a X-F/M module in a CX machine, it will work but it will give nothing more than what you already have and you will loose a 4K page address. (see point 2)
Also, since the internal module is in a lower page than the plug-in module the 41OS will always used the internal mcode and never the plug-in mcode.
As for the RAM, I have observed the same behaviour as the ROM, internal RAM is used instead of the external RAM, although I do not remember how the chip select works at the electronic level to make this append. (I will have to check the schematics)

Sylvain
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP-41CX w/ XF-Module - just curious - Sylvain Cote - 07-25-2019 01:04 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)