Unit Calc / Conversion only in HP?
05-16-2014, 03:24 PM (This post was last modified: 05-16-2014 03:25 PM by Dalil.)
RE: Unit Calc / Conversion only in HP?
(05-16-2014 01:14 PM)Alvaro Wrote:  Is there anybody that is so kind helping seriously find a calculator that full fills folowing conditions:

Units conversion/cslculations
BASIC support - not something similar to BASIC
At least 200 kB free space for storage
Aloow names in vsriables
Thank you

Hello Alvaro,

to the best of my knowledge, there is no handheld calculator that can do all of these natively, i.e. without additional program/apps. Someone may correct me on that as I don't have knowledge of all calculators and pocket computer ever released.

As I have mentioned in my earlier message, the closest you could get from what you are looking for would be the HP-Prime or the TI-89 Titanium, which sport all the features you request except their programming language which are only similar to the BASIC you are looking and not exactly it.

Another option would be to have few different applications on you mobile phone, if your mobile phone support it, with one to do BBC BASIC style programming, one for unit conversions/manipulations and/or an emulator of a calculator of your choice.

If it is critical for you to have an exact implementation of the BBC BASIC on a handheld calculator and you can compromise on the rest, i.e. less memory, no unit conversions/manipulations support, you could try to purchase one of the oldest pocket computer such as the Sharp PC-1401 which support the BASIC you need but has only between 1K and 2K of memory available and cannot do unit conversions.

This is to the best of my knowledge all the help I can provide in helping you find the calculator you need, and I am sure if anything else is available out there that I am not aware of someone on this forum would correct me and guide you towards a better solution.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Unit Calc / Conversion only in HP? - Dalil - 05-16-2014 03:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)