Unit Calc / Conversion only in HP?
05-15-2014, 09:35 PM (This post was last modified: 05-15-2014 09:49 PM by Alvaro.)
RE: Unit Calc / Conversion only in HP?
(05-15-2014 09:14 PM)walter b Wrote:  Hmmh, you should know better - but obviously you don't. So please read pp. 21 and 155ff (of 244) of the manual. Confused

BTW, the overwhelming part of so-called unit calculations becomes obsolete once you start working with SI. Every professional scientist or engineer knows that. And for the little remaining part, 90% of it you can do faster in your head than keying it in. As long as you're forced to deal with thumbs and feet, however, I admit the need for conversions will stay.

d:-I

It happens that sometimes you are facing with Units that are not SI or usual to you. It is very handy to have in Calculator the Conversion of it.
Sure, no Ing will be using the hability of the Calculator Units to do his job. Sure he is doing that automaticaly in his Head. But I like always to confirm that the Conversion a "machine" did for me is right. A Ing MUST always confirm that the results of a "machine" are right. If he does not do that, it can be fatal. That is where the Units Calculation is coming in game.
Again, it is handy that feature.
In Ing you are always facing with a lot of Units and mostly the are not straight SI, just they combined, for example N*m^2, sometimes it can be complicated to deal with them. So, that Feature of Units calculation is handy again.
And before I am looking in books what ever, is nice to have it just at the hand.
In Ingenieur world ever number has a Unit. A big difference from the Maths World, they just play with naked numbers.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Unit Calc / Conversion only in HP? - Alvaro - 05-15-2014 09:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)