(48) DATE->NUM, NUM->DATE, ->EXCELDATE, EXCELDATE->, DTDIFF
05-15-2014, 11:19 AM
RE: (48) DATE->NUM, NUM->DATE, ->EXCELDATE, EXCELDATE->, DTDIFF
(05-14-2014 06:06 PM)Dave Britten Wrote:  I find that the 48 series particularly shines when you write a lot of small utility programs to enhance working within the stack paradigm, and keep them in HOME for access anywhere.

Yeah, that's what FORTH and RPL are all about; building up a vocabulary of words (commands) that you use to solve the problems you want to solve the way you want to solve them. It's one of the big reasons to love RPL even though it's not the easiest language for expressing mathematical solutions in. It's flexible and it promotes good practices like semi-functional programming and factoring commands into bite-sized chunks that do one job.

I really don't like cluttering HOME so I have been using Detlef Mueller's excellent D->LIB 1.0 to create libraries. As you know there are many choices in lib creation tools.

The other thing I found out is that I would have liked a way to create hidden variables from UserRPL. HOME gets awfully full of junk and becomes messy to deal with. How are you managing your HOME directory as you add many commands and variables?

It ain't OVER 'till it's 2 PICK
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: (48) DATE->NUM, NUM->DATE, ->EXCELDATE, EXCELDATE->, DTDIFF - HP67 - 05-15-2014 11:19 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)