Upcoming PockEmul on Android
06-29-2019, 04:56 PM
RE: Upcoming PockEmul on Android
Hi, Rémy:

(06-29-2019 09:48 AM)remy Wrote:  I am the developper of PockEmul and i can add some informations.[...]

Great !

Quote:I must admin, the overall quality of PockEmul was BAD. a lot of bugs and no documentation.

Indeed. I suffered both yet that didn't kill it for me, it was still pretty useful to me. And it was for free.

Quote:I have now decided to transform PockEmul in a a real professional application.

Excellent. If you will, a few well-meaning comments:

(1) It won't be a professional application at all unless it's pretty well debugged when it's finally released to the users (i.e.: don't make the first batch of paying users into a bunch of beta-testers, a.k.a. Guinea pigs). Of course some bugs will still appear no matter what, even serious ones, but there's a difference between some and lots. If I pay for it, which I gladly will, I won't tolerate wasting my time doing the debugging for you.

(2) It won't be a professional application at all unless it's pretty well documented. I've been doing professional applications for many decades, either as an analyst/programmer or as project leader, and I'll tell you that no paying client would tolerate getting an application without extensive documentation of all kinds, period. If I pay for your application I want full documentation, the guessing trial-and-error game is not for me.

Lots of people releasing software find programming the thing very funny and exciting but debugging it and most especially documenting it, not so much. If their product is for free, then so be it, I can always throw it to the trash bin and I won't lose a cent, just my time (which is worth considerably more than a cent so I'm likely to never again try another product from such sloth).

But if their product requires payment, and I pay, and then the product is seriously buggy and makes me waste my time and effort, and the product is also lacking any decent documentation whatsoever and makes me waste my time trying things, then the individual that released it that way, and further doesn't ever correct the bugs and even further utterly ignores his paying customers and doesn't answer any requests for information or bug corrections because allegedly he finds it boring and prefers to spend his time on new exciting projects, then that individual is not a professional programmer and has not released a professional application.

I have one particular individual in mind, of course, and you're not him. Please never be like him in that regards, simply do abide by both points (1) and (2) above.

Quote:Thank you for your passion and have fun.

Thanks to you for your enthusiasm and your commitment to deliver a professional product. Here's hoping you actually do and your enthusiasm never fades away.

Have a nice weekend.
V.

All My Articles & other Materials here:  Valentin Albillo's HP Collection

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Upcoming PockEmul on Android - remy - 06-29-2019, 09:48 AM
RE: Upcoming PockEmul on Android - Valentin Albillo - 06-29-2019 04:56 PM
RE: Upcoming PockEmul on Android - remy - 07-11-2019, 11:52 AM
RE: Upcoming PockEmul on Android - remy - 07-10-2019, 12:37 PM
RE: Upcoming PockEmul on Android - remy - 09-02-2019, 11:09 AM
RE: Upcoming PockEmul on Android - remy - 09-18-2019, 04:12 PM
RE: Upcoming PockEmul on Android - remy - 09-18-2019, 09:49 PM
RE: Upcoming PockEmul on Android - remy - 10-08-2019, 06:25 PM
RE: Upcoming PockEmul on Android - remy - 10-08-2019, 11:34 PM
RE: Upcoming PockEmul on Android - remy - 11-10-2019, 10:06 AM
RE: Upcoming PockEmul on Android - remy - 11-21-2019, 02:03 PM
RE: Upcoming PockEmul on Android - remy - 11-23-2019, 12:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)