CMT71-64E HP-71b eprom module questions
06-05-2019, 01:17 PM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2019 01:20 PM by rprosperi.)
RE: CMT71-64E HP-71b eprom module questions
(06-05-2019 01:10 PM)coitboy2000 Wrote:  Thanks for the offer Sylvain. Much appreciated. I wasnt aware you has a programmer after trolling all the old relevant posts.

Can I ask what you have been able to flash onto the CMT eproms ? Are there any of the official rom modules that can't be placed on one of these 64k Eproms ? I guess it largely comes down to size ?

Richard

All of the HP ROMs can be copied EXCEPT the FORTH/Assembler ROM and 41 Translator ROM, as they also include a hard-addressed ROM which requires additional module pins which are not available in the EPROM modules.

The burners are quite rare, but several of us have them and are willing to burn modules for fellow 71 addicts.

Regarding your original question about disassembling the modules, I'm sure someone has succeeded as some point, though I can't say for certain, but I have heard of more than one instance of modules being damaged in the attempt, so it may be best to have them burned, given the rarity and cost of the modules.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: CMT71-64E HP-71b eprom module questions - rprosperi - 06-05-2019 01:17 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)